Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Early Morning Musings

My mind is full and whirling- We are starting a new term of work in the Philippines and the demands are everywhere! Then this morning in bed I got to thinking….

My head is full of all I need to prepare for the workshops I will be teaching – one a month so far through till December BUT it is for a job I love and I keep hearing affirmation that says the material and time is helpful.

My head is full of trying to figure out how to juggle being with my daughter in the birth of her first baby while I have workshops scheduled in and around the due date. BUT how blessed I am that my daughter wants me to be part of this awesome experience with them!

My head is full of special requests- can you teach my son piano? Can you counsel me as I have been through a terrible year? BUT what a privilege that I can play piano and enjoy it. (Thanks Hebron and Miss Fountain!) What a privilege that a friend wants my listening ear- isn’t that a deep compliment?

My head is full of plans, dreams, visions on what I would like to do in the next year or so. I would like to work on another set of materials to serve churches in partnership with missions. I would love to get a committee together to host a celebration (day or weekend?) for adult MKs (missionary kids) here in Manila. I would love to get more reading done. Love to get back into shape. Love to learn some harder pieces on the piano….. I know these plans will only be successful as I lay them before my Master Planner and work in union with him.

So I start this day with my head full and heart at peace. How is your day going?

2 comments:

Joanna Allen said...

Thank you for this post! Maybe it's because it's Monday morning, or maybe because I was gone all last week, or maybe it's because I've got 6 visitors (including my parents) coming next week and still a million things I need/want to do in the house since moving, but I also lay in bed this morning with my mind racing as to where to begin. So thank you for the reminder to seek peace! I needed it. Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

good to read your post...so much we want to do and so many demands upon our time and energy...how do we say NO! I pray that you will know what HE wants you to do each day. Praying for you!