Tuesday, September 16, 2008

grandparent-hood

Let me introduce my grandson. Yeshua Emmanuel Schlitt Manansala. He joined our family on August 30 by C section. Lisa is healing really fast and Yeshua is a delight! He was 5lbs 12 ozs. but starting to thrive on mommy's milk. So now you know why I haven't blogged in a few weeks.

Some aged wisdom I have gleaned in my new found role:

Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric. ~Pam Brown~

Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old. ~Mary H. Waldrip~

It's amazing how grandparents seem so young once you become one.
~Author Unknown~

If your baby is "beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time," you're the grandma.
~Teresa Bloomingdale~

No comments: