Thursday, October 30, 2008

Windows of the Soul

One of my all time favorite books is Windows of the Soul by Ken Gire. He gave me the inspiration to look into the many windows in my life that display God!

“If such things as art galleries exist in heaven, certainly the picture of the widow’s offering is hanging there in a prominent place, for it was one of those secret acts of devotion that Christ referred to, something sacred that the Father saw and treasured….The Temple, which for so long had been a sacred place, had become a streetside gallery of religious display. Lost behind the clutter of ornately framed gestures was a pencil sketch of a poor widow’s soul. Not until Jesus pulled it out and put a frame around it did the disciples even realize it was there. Once they did, though, they sensed it was a sacred picture, revealing to them a window and showing them what was dear to God.”

I am no artist- I have sisters who are! But as I make myself more acutely aware of looking around God’s gallery and seeing what he frames (and what he does not), then I get a glimpse of what is important to God.

Lately in the mornings he has framed the non descript little sparrows that hop outside our window. Then in the evening he frames the multi hued gilded clouds of a Manila sunset. During the day he captures wafts of breeze that cool the sweat on my face, sets a family living in a cart on the sidewalk into a framed pencil sketch and splatters my day with loved ones affirmation.

I hope I will never cease to be amazed standing in God’s art gallery. Which picture are you pondering over right now?E is framingHe deems to frame ( and what he does not!)he

No comments: